- The most I’ve spent this last week was – $200 on student loan repayment
- Today I am thankful that I have finished grading (for now)
- Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was planting in the garden with my mom while I was home for spring break 🙂
- I will consider this week a success if I figure out my repayment plan.
- If I had today off I would I workout some when the gym was hopefully empty…
The first few days back at work have been rough, but the school year is almost over with. I don’t know what I would have done had I not had a week off. We ended up not going to the Strawberry Festival; however, we did go to the Louisiana Arts and Science Museum with Favorite and his little sister, which was a lot of fun! This weekend we have one of my coworker’s wedding and a family event to look forward to…glad grading’s finished! I’ve been trying to figure out how to manage my debt. I know I keep saying that and it sounds stupid (you know, “just pay it off dummy!!!”), but I want to do this in the smartest way possible. I put 25% of my income toward debt this month. I’m okay with that I guess, but it’s not enough. I also put 5% of my income in savings. The goal is to do put at least 5% in every month. It’s not a ton, but it’s something. Then I have a little put back while I try to mostly focus on paying down my debts.
- Log into MFP every day and log all exercise/food intake today
- Use the gym at least 3x a week – Went once but immediately left because so many people
- Complete Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred – No progress yet
- Blog at least 12x this month (up three from March)
- Read 2 books – I picked them out: 1984 & Brave New World
- Find a summer job (or two) – had a phone interview for a summer camp I’m really excited about it!!!
- Create budget (prepare to possibly need to buy a new car by 2016) – No progress
- Create Emergency Fund (goal – $200) – $130 so far
- Pay down student loan balance – No progress
- Create debt repayment plan (for real this time) – No progress
- Side Hustle – set up Etsy store – Sold a hat and Tiny Groot!