- The most I’ve spent this last week was – $20 on gas
- Today I am thankful that I’m back down to my starting March weight. I had gained a bit via stress and my love for Vanilla Pepsi (I’m normally a Coca-Cola person, being from the south, but damn Vanilla Pepsi is the bee’s knees).
- Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was that I took a personal day on Wednesday. An additional thing was attending a couple’s shower for my friend whose wedding I’m a bridesmaid in!
- I will consider this week a success if I figure out the schedule I’m supposed to keep, because I teach a mixed class and seniors stop school before everyone else.
- If I had today off I would wash dishes. I actually cleaned the rest of everything. I would legitimately wash my hair as well!
I’m just tired. I don’t know if I’m burned out because it’s the end of the school year or what. I’m tired of the way my students, my friends, and my coworkers have been acting. This nineties joke sums it up “I’m hitting unsubscribe, because I’m tired of your issues.” It’s less that I mind being helpful or providing a listening ear (because I can certainly complain a lot), but I just don’t like being taken advantage of, degraded, talked down to, and ignored. Essentially I don’t mind icky duties associated with my various roles in these people’s lives, but I don’t like being dumped on.
I’ve started the keto diet, so I’ve been eating lots of bacon, eggs, and drinking almond milk with protein powder. I’ve also started doing dumbbell weights (nothing impressive yet), ab workouts, and cardio (really speed walking at this point, so does that even count?). The ketogenic diet is often used to control epilepsy, but it’s pretty good for weight control as well. I’m looking at building muscle, so you know, proteinzzzz The cyclic ketogenic diet is also on my radar..but we’ll see.
Unrelated, we had some pretty inclement weather yesterday. It’s the first time I’ve actually had to do a lock-down at work for a non drug-bust reason. Essentially my class and the one next to me holed up together and watched Netflix until it cleared. In nearby areas, it got pretty serious. Even today, some students are without power. It got so bad there were even train cars blown completely off of the Huey P. Long bridge.
- Log into MFP every day and log all exercise/food intake today
- Use the gym at least 3x a week
- Complete Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred – Not even remotely
- Blog at least 12x this month (up three from March)
- Read 2 books
- Find a summer job (or two) – got rejected from the NY job…still waiting to hear back from the summer camp, although honestly I don’t see it working out with the schedule I need to keep.
- Create budget (prepare to possibly need to buy a new car by 2016)
- Create Emergency Fund (goal – $200)
- Pay down student loan balance
- Create debt repayment plan (for real this time)
- Side Hustle – Sold something on my Etsy store!!!