As of right now I’m trying to figure out what to do for tuition and Christmas, and getting rejected from the position I applied for at Macy’s ( 😦 ) and not hearing back from Sephora ( 😦 ). I’m trying to use my connections at other stores (#nepotism), so we’ll see how that works out. I recently found out that we may be getting Christmas bonuses this year, which could range from 1-2 weeks worth of pay (aka $400-$800) which would be really sweet and would take a lot of the pressure to earn extra money before January off my back.
I’m also a little frustrated with my paycheck, in that I worked 1 hour of overtime, and my paycheck is $50 less than what it is when I didn’t work that hour. So I am a little peeved about that. I’m also a little worried about how much my insurance premiums may go up. We allegedly may get a raise this year, but I really don’t want to cut all of my monies so close…and all I see is my expenses getting higher, so I’m hoping a post-graduate job (#nepotism) will work out.
So I have my big list of stuff I’d like to do for Christmas, although I don’t know if it will actually work out that way.
Right now I’m more concerned with what I’m making:
- A gingerbread hat for the niece (crochet)
- A sock monkey for the niece (crochet)
- A sweater for the niece (knit)
- A hat for the bf’s dad (knit)
- A case for bf’s mom’s knitting needles (sew)
- An elephant hat for my brother’s gf (crochet)
- A hat for roommate B (knit)
- A stuffed cat for roommate A’s bf (crochet)
- A sweater for bf’s dog (knit)
- Secret things for Korea best friend (secret)
- Baked stuff for errbody! Errybody = coworkers (baking)
And then everyone else will probably have purchased gifts, pending on $$$. If not, I’ll have to make a few adjustments in my made purchases!